- This event has passed.
Mental Health in the Workplace – Mental Health First Aid Training (Day 1)
February 5 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm| $350
2 Day course – Day 1 Tuesday 5 February Day to Tuesday 12 February 2019
No doubt, you’re already thinking about how you can create a mentally healthy workplace.
Across all workplaces, an average of 20% of employees may be experiencing mental health problems which can have a significant impact on the culture, working environment, and productivity of the workplace.
You are not alone; more and more workplaces are realising the impact of mental health problems at work on their people and productivity.
Encouraging early help-seeking is one way to promote a mentally healthy workplace. This is where Mental Health First Aid can help.
Mental Health First Aid is an evidence-based training course which gives your employees the skills and confidence to have supportive conversations with their co-workers and help guide them to professional help if needed. It has been shown to increase knowledge, confidence and helping behaviours, and reduce stigma.
- Signs and symptoms of the common and disabling mental health problems
- How to provide initial help, where and how to get professional help
- What sort of help has been shown by research to be effective
- How to provide first aid in a crisis situation.
Who should attend this course?
- People Managers
- Business Owners
- HR andOHS professionals
- Businesses looking to have a ‘go to’ person/s for staff
- Any interested person over 18 years old
- Please note this course is not a therapy or support group rather an education program to learn how to give mental health first aid to others.
What the Course Covers
Developing mental health problems covered are:
- Anxiety problems
- Substance use problems.
Mental health crisis situations coveredare:
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviours
- Non-suicidal self-injury (sometimes called deliberate self-harm)
- Panic attacks
- Traumatic events
- Severe effects of drug or alcohol use
- Severe psychotic states
- Aggressive behaviours.
Course participants receive a copy of the Standard MHFA Manual to keep and a Certificate of Completion.