- This event has passed.
Status of Dairy Beef – webinar
July 29 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm| Free
The Australian Dairy Farmers Dairy Beef Online Forum will be held on Thursday 29 July, looking at drivers of and practical solutions to moving to raising dairy calves as beef animals.
This forum will be held online, featuring both international and local experts including:
- Nina von Keyserlingk, Professor of Animal Welfare at the University of British Columbia
- Warren Skippon, Director Animal Welfare at Saputo International
- Brad Gilchrist, Beef Marketing Manager at Semex, Canada.
This event is an open invitation to all people interested in the management of surplus calves in the Australian dairy industry.
This event will cover broad topics such as:
- Current situation in Australia
- What might need to change?
- Global policy perspectives
- Australian Research
- What business are doing to change the fate of calves