Dairy Nutrition Fundamentals Course – Maffra (Day 1 of 3)
October 23 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm| Free
3 day course
Feeding dairy cows profitably is critically important to all dairy farmers.
The Nutrition Fundamentals course offers practical and hands-on information pitched at a basic level.
This three-day short course is designed for dairy farmers, farm employees and dairy service providers with little or no experience of dairy cow nutrition and others wishing to refresh their knowledge.
Topics covered include
1. The importance of getting nutrition right
2. Ruminant digestion and factors that limit intake
3. Condition scoring
4. The cost of rearing young stock
5. Nutrient supplied by different feeds.
6. Balancing the diet.
7. Feed budgeting
8. Comparing the cost of nutrients.
Places are limited to a maximum of 15 people per course. Please call GippsDairy 5624 3900 to secure your place Register Here
Held over 23 & 30 October and 6 November